No, not thirsty cat facts--it's Thursday Cat Facts!
- Cats use more than 500 muscles to leap, jump and sprint.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. People only have 206.
- Cats have four rows of whiskers.
- Cats can sprint about 31 miles per hour.
- In ancient Egypt, a person could receive the death penalty for killing a cat.
- Cats will practically never meow at other cats. They save their meowing for humans.
- Cats can’t move their jaws sideways.
- A 15 year old cat has likely spent 10 years of its life asleep.
- Cat brains are more similar to human brains than dog brains are.
- Cats make about 100 different vocal sounds. By way of comparison, dogs only make about 10.
- A cat will spend almost a third of its life grooming itself (the fur is delicious).
- A cat’s ear can pivot 180 degrees. Cats use their hearing a lot like radar.
- Cats can jump seven times their own height.