EVERY THIRD SATURDAY & SUNDAYOF THE MONTH
9 AM to 5 PM
Please contact Kristen Benson at 361-318-9702 or Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
$15 per student: (14 hours--Two Day Course)
Certification requirements: Must be 9 years of age or older, attend two day course, pass written exam with a 70%
Note: Children younger than 9 years old are highly encouraged to attend, but cannot receive certification
Hunter's Education is designed to provide novice or young hunters with an understanding of Texas Hunting regulations, responsibility, and safety issues.
Classroom Instruction Objectives
· Hunting Rules and Regulations
· Ethics and Responsibilities
· Wildlife Conservation
· Modern and Primitive Sporting Arms and Ammunition
· Safe Firearm Handling and Storage
· Outdoor Survival and First Aid
All materials are provided and subjects are covered in depth to enable the student to successfully complete the Hunter Education certification process.
Upon arrival at the course:
· Fill out a student registration form.
· Pay the $15 state fee to the instructor.
· Attend the entire course.
· Take the written exam and get at least 70% correct to pass.
· Upon successful completion, you will receive a temporary card. Your instructor will send in the originals for processing. You may legally hunt with a valid license and your temporary certification card. Your permanent card will be mailed out within a short period of time.
Frequently Asked Questions: