REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Woodsboro Independent School District is requesting proposals for construction manager-agent services in cooperation with the Architect already under contract with the District related to its proposed removal of the current aluminum storefront doors on the district’s FEMA 361 gymnasium, and the replacement of those doors with new FEMA 361 rated storefront doors and related updates to the facility. The Architect is Leland A. Gray, architects, (801) 953-0345. Interested firms that specialize in construction manager-agent services and experience with FEMA 361 Near Absolute Protection projects should compile detailed proposals and submit to:
Mr. Steven L. Self,
P.O. Box 770
408 S. Kasten Street
Woodsboro, TX 78393
Proposals must be received by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013.
Proposals will be reviewed by administrators and then presented to the Woodsboro ISD School Board. The Board will rate proposals on the basis of demonstrated competence and qualifications in accordance with the following criteria:
1. Past record performance on construction manager-agent contracts related to FEMA 361 Near Absolute Protection structures and with other school districts.
2. Experience as a construction manager-agent with FEMA 361 projects.
3. Capacity and capability of the business to perform the work.
Proposals should contain adequate information for the Board to determine a company’s ability to manage a FEMA 361 construction project, complete with references of school districts that have utilized the firm’s FEMA 361 construction management services. Proposals should specifically include the following information:
1. Number of projects in which the firm served in the capacity of construction manager-agent on a FEMA 361 project(s). 20 points
2. Number of years of experience as a construction manager-agent on FEMA 361 projects. 20 points
3. A description of representative FEMA 361 projects on which your firm has served as a construction manager-agent. 30 points
4. Listing of the most recent projects on which your firm served as a construction manager-agent for a school district on a FEMA 361 project(s). 20 points
5. Certificates of pertinent insurance coverage. 10 points
Presenters should submit 8 copies of the firm’s proposal. Any questions concerning this Request for Proposals should be directed to Mr. Steven Self at (361) 543-4518 or faxed to (361) 543-4856.