EVERY FOURTH SUNDAY OF THE MONTH
Noon to 5 PM
Please contact Kristen Benson at 361-318-9702 or Kristen.email@example.com to register.
A woman trying to be a man in a man's world is a waste of a woman.
Primary Instructor: Kristen Benson
(5 hour class Discussion and Training) $75 per student
(3 hour discussion only) $35 per student
Classroom Instruction Basic Objectives
1) Defining the Criminal/Violence and the Victim/Fear
2) The Effect of Stress on the Body
3) Real World Scenarios
4) Focusing the Mind and Body
5) Situational Awareness
6) Basic Body Mechanics
This class discusses the difference between violence taken against women versus men. Women are viewed as more of an opportunity than men are. Throughout the course we will discuss ways to help you stay safe while going on a first date, breaking up with someone, going from the mall with all of your bags to the car at night, loading and unloading your children in a busy parking lot, or pulling over for a routine police stop. I will also teach you non-verbal cues that will tell an on looking criminal that you are not helpless simply because you are a woman. I will also address attire that helps you stay more stable should an attack occur; don't worry we're not compromising our sense of style or femininity here. In fact we are celebrating it! Finally, I will teach you how to use your voice and body to defend yourself if you are ever caught off guard or things simply go wrong. An attack happens very quickly and very quietly. I subscribe to: "When the police are minutes away, seconds count"
1) ALL of your daily carry gear (including your daily clothes such as work attire AND accessories)
2) A notebook to take notes in and something to write with (optional).
3) Old shirt, a pair of pants with belt loops, and a sports bra (I recommend that you bring this change of clothes if this is not your daily wear)
4) Close toed shoes (Required--still come in heels if that is what you wear everyday, just bring tennis shoes too)
5) Focus Mitts or Boxing Gloves (if possible)