EVERY FIRST SATURDAY & SUNDAY OF THE MONTH
Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM (one hour lunch)
Sunday (Range Day): 9 AM to 4 PM (one hour lunch)
Please contact Kristen Benson at 361-318-9702 or Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
(10 hour state mandated class 3 hours real world application; includes range qualification)
Prerequisite: Must be able to demonstrate basic firearms handling. We offer a DISCOUNTED tutorial for students enrolling in this class who need to attend our Basic Firearms Handling Class.
Classroom/Range Instruction Objectives
1) Texas Department of Public Safety Eligibility Requirements
2) CHL Program Integrity
3) Lawful Carry
4) Use of Force
5) Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
6) Safe Handling and Storage of Firearms
7) Course of Fire and Target Scoring
1) A notebook to take notes in and something to write with (optional).
2) Texas State Driver's License
3) A semi-auto or non semi-auto gun
4) 150 rounds of ammunition (50 for qualification, 50 for retest if applicable, and 50 for optional pre-test train up)
5) Eye Protection
6) Ear Protection
7) Hat that shades the face
8) Close toed shoes
$100 for Original Concealed Handgun License
$75 for Renewal Concealed Handgun License
Please note that these prices include a Texas Department of Safety Application tutorial and range fees (targets and scoring).
*These fees do NOT INCLUDE the Texas Department of Safety’s Application Processing Fee. ($70 for renewal license, $150 for original application) You may apply online with DPS at their CHL Home Page: www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm
Passport Photos and Equipment Rentals
Same Day Passport Photos (Set of 2): $8
Over the Ear/Eye Protection Rental: $5
Gun Rental (Qualification Day Only): $20