Members of the Beeville Volunteer Fire Department rushed to the scene to provide mutual aid to the North Bee County Fire District after a call came in at 10:15 that morning.
According to a report on file at the C.M. “Smitty” Smith Fire Station, the fire was caused by a small heater in the bathroom.
A resident of the house tried to put out the fire with a hose but failed.
A granddaughter in the house tried to get the heater out of the room but was unable to do so.
Beeville firemen who responded to the call said the house was fully involved in smoke and flames when they arrived.
Neighbors said the family living there lost everything.
More information on how to help the victims recover from their loss is expected soon.