Russell W. Barron (right), a former part-owner and operator of the Beeville Picayune for several years in the early 1900s, is shown with George H. Atkins (left) and an unidentified man (perhaps another part-owner). In 1908, Atkins' brother-in-law, Barron, joined him in the newspaper business, but sold his interest to Fred C. Weber in 1919 and moved to San Antonio. Barron also clearly sold real estate from the newspaper office. Barron opened his own business in San Antonio after he left Beeville; the business was called San Antonio Theatre Supply. Atkins bought out Weber's share in 1924, becoming sole owner until 1928, when the Bee and Picayune were merged to form the Bee-Picayune.
Below is a photo of a 1913 postcard with a penny stamp sent to Mrs. W. C. Jack of Douglas, Arizona. Both photos were submitted to the Bee-Picayune by Mr. David Mesch of San Antonio, great-grandson of Russell Barron.