directory
Beeville's original high school
Oct 23, 2012 | 967 views | 0 0 comments | 9 9 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Beeville's original high school
Beeville's original high school
slideshow
The original A.C. Jones High School. Later became T. J. Junior High School.

Photograph of Beeville's first high school, which was dedicated in October of 1912. The two story brick building was located at 601 East Hayes Street, and was named for Captain Allen Carter Jones. Captain Jones’ heirs, following the example of Captain Jones who had donated six acres of land for a school house in 1886, donated the land for this first high school. In 1957, a new A.C. Jones High School was built at 1900 N. Adams Street.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet