The conference will be held June 13-14 in Victoria.
Oral histories are sought from a variety of people who lived during that time - combat veterans, military nurses, protesters on the homefront and young people who remember seeing their parents go off to war, according to Dr. Beverly Tomek, conference chair.
Those wishing to share their memories can contact Tomek at email@example.com.
The conference’s six panels will be in the Multipurpose Room of the University Center building at the University of Houston-Victoria, 3007 N. Ben Wilson. Panels offered during the conference include:
• “Leadership in the Vietnam Era” from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on Thursday
• “Tactical Choices of Their Implementation in Southeast Asia” from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Thursday
• “Case Studies of the War in the Vietnam Province” from 2:30 to 4 p.m. on Thursday
• “The War in the Air” from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on Friday
• “Dissent in the Vietnam Era” from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Friday
• “In Their Own Words: Oral History and the Vietnam Experience” from 2:30 to 4 p.m. on Friday.
Registration and other conference information is available at www.vietnamconf.org.