2. Each team will be assigned a number and only the Cook-off Director will know team numbers.
3. Each team will be assigned a designated area (approximately 15’ x 30’). At 10 a.m. the entrance gate to the cook-off area will be closed and no vehicles will be allowed to remain inside the area or you will be disqualified.
4. Each team must have their own pit and furnish their own firewood or charcoal and as much cabrito as desired.
5. The cook-off area will be open at 7 a.m.
6. Only Cook-Off directors and assistants will carry trays to the judges’ table for judging.
7. Showmanship judging will be conducted between 1 and 2 p.m.
8. Judging will begin at 1 p.m.
9. There will be two divisions: barbecue and guisada.
10. Trophies will be awarded in both categories to first through eighth places, and buckles will be given to the champions in each division.
11. Each head cook is responsible for the cleanliness of assigned area and conduct of team members.
12. There will be no DJ type entertainment systems allowed. Each team will be responsible for their entertainment/music.
13. “No Garnishes” - Goat meat only. Decorating entries in any manner will mean disqualification.
14. Cabrito entries should be cut into bite-size pieces including ribs (no bones).
15. Head cooks will be responsible for following state laws on the consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco consumed in their cook-off areas. This rule applies to minors drinking and smoking.
16. The head cooks meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at the Go Texan Tent.
Pick up entry forms at the Handi Stop and Tres Hermanas Restaurant in George West and the Handi Stop in Three Rivers.