directory
Two Three Rivers men sent to federal prison for swapping child pornography
Feb 19, 2014 | 175 views | 0 0 comments | 32 32 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Carlos Cortinas and Mark Anthony Stokes of Three Rivers — who pleaded guilty late last year to sharing photos of young, naked family members with one another — were sentenced to federal prison this week on charges of sexual exploitation of a child.

On Tuesday, a federal judge sentenced Stokes, 36, to nearly 12 years in prison and Cortinas, 40, to nearly 18, according to reports.

The two had faced a minimum of 15 and up to 30 years in jail.

Authorities originally discovered nude photos of a minor female relative on a flash drive while responding to a domestic violence call in Three Rivers.

During the May 13, 2013, incident that attracted police, Stokes had been stabbed and cut by his wife. She told officers she injured him after discovering the photos, reports show.

Stokes admitted to a sexual interest in children for the past 20 years and that he and his friend, Cortinas, had a previous conversation in which both discussed their mutual sexual interest in children, authorities said.

Stokes told Cortinas he had nude images of the young female, which Cortinas asked to see, reports show.

Stokes then sent some of the images of the child via text message from his cell phone, according to the account.

Within an hour, Cortinas then sent nude images of one of his minor female relatives as well. officials said.

From that day forward, Stokes and Cortinas would send each other “voyeur”-type images of these minor children taken without the their knowledge as well as other child pornography images downloaded from the Internet, according to reports.

Stokes told authorities Cortinas also sent nude images of another child which he had taken.

State search warrants were executed on both residences which resulted in the discovery of evidence related to the child pornography production described by Stokes.

This case, prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Lance Duke and investigated by the FBI, was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to fight child sexual exploitation and abuse, reports show.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet