• The Bee County Adult Literacy Council — $5,000 — for addressing the reading deficiencies for adults 17 and older in Bee County (with volunteer tutors);
• The Beeville Concert Association — $2,500 — to perform eight concerts in Beeville, including ballet folklorico, the San Antonio Symphony, bluegrass and others, and to provide multicultural entertainment to Beeville residents;
• The Beeville Vineyard — $3,000 — to assist with dental services for the under-served;
• The Boys & Girls Club of Beeville — $4,000 — support for after-school tutorials and computer instruction for at-risk youth in Beeville;
• Coastal Bend College-Dental — $2,000 — to assist dental hygiene students in taking mobile unit to elementary schools and nursing homes to provide dental care;
• Coastal Bend College-Theater — $3,500 — support for community theater to produce broadway-type musicals;
• First United Methodist Mission Food Pantry — $4,800 — church-supported food pantry for 50-80 families in Beeville;
• St. Mary’s Academy Charter School — $2,000 — for in-house counseling for low-income, at-risk students at charter school in Beeville.
Sue Jackson is the director of grants at the Coastal Bend Community Foundation.