The event was composed by Kenneth Booth, who is the President of the Victoria Genealogy Society and a member of the Goliad lodge. The members of the lodge portrayed the characters and a background of each of these men was recited.
Approximately 50 people were in attendance along with District Deputy Grand Master Royce Smith.
The nine men who formed the lodge were active in the community and family men. They were:
• A.H. Biscoe - the second mayor of Goliad and hotel owner;
• R.E. Sutton - farmer;
• J.F. Hillyer - physician and minister;
• J.R. Grantland - farmer;
• H.W. Campbell - farmer;
• William C. Dear - physician;
• Leonidas Lipscomb - physician (whom Dr. Chilton replaced);
• R.H. Hill - first minister of the Goliad Baptist Church;
• Austin Hackworth - farmer.