Middle school and high school jazz bands will compete during the two-day program and all four A&M-Kingsville jazz bands will perform concerts during the festival. Internationally recognized jazz trumpeter Byron Stripling will be the featured performer during the festival. Stripling, the artistic director of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra, will conduct a jazz clinic for all festival participants. The festival concludes with a concert featuring A&M-Kingsville Jazz Band II and Jazz Band I with Stripling.
The schedule will be as follows:
Friday, March 25
- The festival kicks off at 3:30 p.m. with the Middle School Jazz Band Competition in Jones Auditorium. Admission to the competition is free.
- At 7 p.m., A&M-Kingsville Jazz Band III and the Latin Jazz Ensemble will perform a free concert in Jones Auditorium. Awards from the Middle School Jazz Band Competition will be announced at this time.
Saturday, March 26
- The second day of the festival begins at 8 a.m. with the High School Jazz Band Competition in Jones Auditorium.
- A one-hour Jazz Clinic by Stripling will begin at noon in the Recital Hall of the Bellamah Music Building.
- Admission to both the high school competition and the clinic is free.
- At 7 p.m., awards from the high school competition will be announced, and Jazz Band II and Jazz Band I with Stripling will perform in Jones Auditorium. Admission to the concert/awards presentation is $7 per person.