The Poteet Strawberry Festival is a multi-purpose event, meant to help Poteet strawberry growers improve and market their unique berries and also award scholarships to Poteet high school students while at the same time boosting tourism and the economic welfare of South Texas. The festival has become one of the largest events of its kind in Texas and one of the top 250 such events in the U.S.
The festival schedule will be as follows:
• 8-10 p.m. – Las Fenix will perform (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 10 p.m. to midnight – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales will perform (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 10:30 p.m. to midnight – Granger Smith will perform at the Lions Club Pavilion.
There will be a special rodeo performance at the Lions Club Arena.
• Gates open at 10 a.m. Admission at the gate is $15 for all guests over age 12. (Children under 12 are admitted free.) Discount tickets can be purchased at www.strawberryfestival.com.
• 2 p.m. – rodeo performance
• 5 p.m. – Pat Green (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 7:30 p.m. – rodeo performance
9:15-10:45 p.m. – Marcos Orozco (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 9:30-11 p.m. – Bri Bagwell (Lions Club Pavilion)
•10:30 p.m. – fireworks display
• 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. – Intocable (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 11:30 p.m.-1 a.m. – Jason Boland & The Stragglers (Lions Club Pavilion)
• 1:30 p.m. – The Afters (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 5 p.m. – Randy Rogers (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)
• 7 p.m. – Massore (VFW Pavilion Bud Light Stage)