Special Education Cooperative Director, Lori Homeyer also helped develop the plan as required by the U.S. Department of Education.
Goliad ISD is in Stage 2 improvement in special education of the PBMAS.
In other agenda items at the Dec. 10 meeting:
• The Federal Performance Based Monitoring Assessment System plan was presented to the board by Director of Personeel and Fedreal Programs Rebecca Walker. The plan was approved by the board.
• The Goliad High School varsity football and volleyball players were recognized. The football team finished in fourth place in District 15-2A, Division I while the volleyball team was runner-up in District 30-2A and reached the area playoffs.
• A representative from Harrison, Waldrop, and Uherek, LLP was in attendance to present the 2011-12 audit report. Goliad ISD received a clean audit. The audit report was approved by the board.
• Insurance agent Jimmy Freeman, spoke to the board about the implementation of a 457(b) retirement plan for district employees. The board requested more information and will review the information at the next meeting in January.
• The board approved the updated emergency operations plan for the district. The plan will be available on the GISD website.
• The board adopted a resolution regarding preservation of eminent domain authority.
• The board approved inter-local agreements for the city and county to use Goliad ISD telecommunications fiber optic cable.
The board’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Jan. 8.