The extension gave a Paulsgrove a three-year contract.
Board members were honored for their service as part of School Board Recognition Month. Each received certificates and gifts from the school district. Belle Janssen’s kindergarten students also performed two songs for the board.
Board members honored were President Bob Gayle (16 years of service), Vice President Trey Wimberly (seven years of service), Secretary Brandon Huber (three years of service), Carlos Gutierrez (11 years of service), Destry Gruetzmacher (two years of service), Robert De La Garza (two years of service) and Richard A. Mollicone (12 years of service).
The board recognized members of the Goliad High School band who competed and placed in the regional and area contests.
The board discussed the hiring of a security officer. Candidates will be interviewed.
In action items:
• The board approved a 457(b) pre-tax retirement plan for district employees.
• The board approved donations from the Goliad Athletic Booster Club of $500 for the Goliad High School powerlifting meet and $1,419.10 for the high school and middle school basketball programs.
• The board approved a resolution to suspend the 15 percent rule for the end-of-course testing for the 2012-13 school year.
• The board approved the investment policy and the investment strategy for the district.
• The board approved the Goliad Head Start Semi-Annual Quality Improvement Plan.
• The board approved the firm of Harrison, Waldrop and Uherek, LLP, as the audit firm for the district for an approximate fee of $17,750.
• The board accepted the resignation of an elementary school teacher.