The board also recognized the UIL academic district winners from Grades 6-8 at the beginning of the meeting.
In action items on the agenda:
• The board approved all administrators’ contracts.
• The board approved donations of $1,000 from the Zaragoza Society for Community Education Program; $500 from David and Donna Styra for the track and field program to help cover cost for the Texas Relays; $300 from the Athletic Booster Club to purchase equipment for girls conditioning program; $784.77 from the Athletic Booster Club to purchase baseball equipment; and $2,000 from Russell and Julie Dorsett to purchase pole vault poles.
• The board approved two new band booster scholarships of $750 for music minor scholarship and extended studies scholarship (the amount to be determined according to scholarship guidelines).
• The board approved the Head Start delivery plans and program policies.
• The board set the trustee election for Saturday, May 11 and approved election workers.
• The board authorized Paulsgrove to negotiate and approve the Joint Election Agreement with the City of Goliad.
The March board meeting was changed to March 4 due to spring break.