No specifics of the discussion were provided in the agenda for the meeting, which will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Council will also discuss and possibly take action in hiring a financial consultant to work under the direction of the mayor.
Saundra Thaxton would work at a rate of $45 per hour and not exceed $5,400 during the current fiscal year.
Also on Tuesday night's agenda is discussion and possible action to either cap or terminate the services of Cherrilyn Henneke.
Mayor Anna Lopez Machacek had recommended and casted the deciding vote June 3 to bring on Diana Cheek as a financial consultant, but Cheek later refused the offer.
Following are the other action items on Tuesday night's agenda:
• Discussion and possible action to approve the final plat for a residential property located in the Remick addition.
• Discussion and possible action to approve inter local agreement with Goliad County for the emergency management coordinator.
• Discussion and possible action to require all services engaged by city personnel to be pre-approved by council unless the service is required during an emergency affecting public utilities, public health or public safety.
• Discussion and action to require any purchases greater than $5,000 receive pre-approval from council.
• Discussion and possible action to designate persons who will be authorized to contact or to request work to be done by city attorneys.