To celebrate and honor the legacy of the many Hispanics who helped shape the great state, Hispanic Republicans of Texas has produced a spot that emphasizes the important leadership role Hispanics have taken in the past and encourages the continuity in the present and future.
“Many Hispanics in our historic past have given much to our great state,” said George Antuna Jr., Hispanic Republicans of Texas co-founder. “Our founding fathers’ sacrifice is a testament to what Hispanic Republicans of Texas is about, to recruit, support and defend. The most difficult path is always for the trailblazer.
“Hispanic Republicans of Texas, along with its members, will be part of history in the making.”
The spot starts out with visuals of Texas Hispanic founding fathers Lorenzo de Zavala, Gregorio Esparza, Jose Antonio Navarro, Jose Francisco Ruiz and Juan Seguin.
Hispanic Republicans of Texas co-founders, George Antuna Jr., George P. Bush and Juan Hernandez appear in the spot and talk about the significance of what the Hispanic forefathers fought for and the importance of the Hispanic legacy in Texas.
The spot, produced in English and Spanish (in its longer version), may be viewed at www.hispanicrepublicansoftx.org.
Hispanic Republicans of Texas also have purchased airtime for the “History” spot in recognition of Texas Independence month. The spot will air on Univision, CNN and FOX. The spot, in Spanish and English, respectively, may be viewed at http://www.vimeo.com/20855425 and http://www.vimeo.com/20761182.
Hispanic Republicans of Texas is also proud to congratulate:
• Jose Aliseda – State representative District 35
• Carlos Cascos – Cameron County judge
• Mary Louise Garcia – Tarrant County clerk
• Carlos “Charlie” Garza – State Board of Education, District 1
• John Garza – State representative District 117
• Larry Gonzales – State representative District 52
• Eva Guzman – Supreme Court justice
• Angelica Hernandez – 105th District judge
• Dee Margo – State representative District 78
• Aaron Peña – State representative District 40
• Amanda Torres – Nueces County justice of the peace
• Raul Torres – State representative District 33
• Lori Valenzuela – 437th District judge (Bexar County)
These candidates represent the first generation of Hispanic Republican elected officials supported by HRT.