directory
Blanconia Baptist Church
Jun 11, 2012 | 564 views | 0 0 comments | 13 13 recommendations | email to a friend | print
The Baptist Church in Blanconia, located on FM 2441 North, sports a historical marker, which states: "The First Baptist Church in Refugio County was organized on April 22, 1855, and met in the Doughty Schoolhouse near Refugio. In 1865, the first sanctuary was erected and named for the cattle brand of member and benefactor N. R. McDaniel... In 1888, the fellowship moved to Blanconia, where the first sanctuary on this site was built in 1891. One of the oldest Baptist churches in South Texas, Blanconia Church served as a nucleus for growth of area churches and has ordained several pastors."
The Baptist Church in Blanconia, located on FM 2441 North, sports a historical marker, which states: "The First Baptist Church in Refugio County was organized on April 22, 1855, and met in the Doughty Schoolhouse near Refugio. In 1865, the first sanctuary was erected and named for the cattle brand of member and benefactor N. R. McDaniel... In 1888, the fellowship moved to Blanconia, where the first sanctuary on this site was built in 1891. One of the oldest Baptist churches in South Texas, Blanconia Church served as a nucleus for growth of area churches and has ordained several pastors."
slideshow
The Baptist Church in Blanconia, located on FM 2441 North, sports a historical marker, which states: "The First Baptist Church in Refugio County was organized on April 22, 1855, and met in the Doughty Schoolhouse near Refugio. In 1865, the first sanctuary was erected and named for the cattle brand of member and benefactor N. R. McDaniel... In 1888, the fellowship moved to Blanconia, where the first sanctuary on this site was built in 1891. One of the oldest Baptist churches in South Texas, Blanconia Church served as a nucleus for growth of area churches and has ordained several pastors."
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet