directory
Firefighters battle blaze at Karnes City fiberglass plant
by Joe Baker
Apr 17, 2014 | 65 views | 0 0 comments | 13 13 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Joe Baker photo 
Local firefighters work to put out a fire caused when electrical sparks dropped on wet resin used in the manufacture of fiberglass tanks. The fire happened at the LF Manufacturing plant on Riddleville Road in Karnes City on April 9.
Joe Baker photo Local firefighters work to put out a fire caused when electrical sparks dropped on wet resin used in the manufacture of fiberglass tanks. The fire happened at the LF Manufacturing plant on Riddleville Road in Karnes City on April 9.
slideshow
KARNES CITY – Emergency workers responded to reports of a fire at the LF Manufacturing plant Wednesday, April 9, in Karnes City.

Volunteer firefighters from Karnes City, Kenedy and Falls City were sent to the scene to work to extinguish burning materials at the plant, which is a manufacturer of fiberglass tanks.

According to information from Karnes City Fire Chief Charlie Malik, the fire began when electrical sparks dropped down onto one of the fiberglass tanks in production. The resin was still wet, at the time, and highly flammable. The tank was quickly engulfed in flames.

Sheriff’s office, DPS, Karnes City Police, EMS and others arrived to assist in the response to the fire which filled the skies with black smoke.

The plant is located on the north side of Karnes City at 300 W. Riddleville Street.

Firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control, and according to Karnes City Fire Chief Charlie Malik, there were no injuries associated with the fire.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet