1. This division is open to everyone in Live Oak County except those youth who will enter projects in 4-H, FFA, FCCLA, Young Feeders, Young Crafters and Eager Bakers.
2. Pre-registration is not required for this division.
3. All entries must be the work of the individual exhibitor. Identical items and patterns are not to be entered by the same exhibitor. Items previously entered in the Live Oak County Fair are not to be entered in the 2011 Fair. Clean and neat appearance of the exhibits is encouraged and stressed.
4. All entries in this division must be delivered to the coliseum at the Fairgrounds and registered between 8 a.m. and 12 noon on Thursday. They must remain on exhibit until 3 p.m. on Saturday. If someone can not leave their items on display until 3 p.m. on Saturday, they should not enter this division. Items should be picked up between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday.
5. Each participant will be responsible for registering at the proper registration table. The exhibitor may enter as many items as they choose.
6. The fair board, the Arts And Crafts committee, nor the FCE club can be held responsible for the loss or damage of any items entered.
7. Ribbon awards will be: First Place (90-100); Second Place (80-89); Third Place (70-79). Rosettes will be awarded to the top winner in each department provided the top winner earned a blue ribbon. The rosette winning entry must be a blue ribbon entry.
8. Food entries must be entered as follows: cookies, candy, and individual servings of bread (such as biscuits, rolls, and cinnamon rolls) must be entered in two parts: Part 1 - as a group of three (3) on a small-disposable plate and covered with a clear baggie; and Part 2 - a single serving in a plastic bag to be tasted by judges and then discarded. Cake and loaf entries must include the entire cake or loaf and must be exhibited on a piece of covered cardboard appropriate to the size of the item entered and covered with a clear plastic wrap.
9. All baked goods and canned goods should have recipes with the entries.
10. Packaged mixes will be accepted in the baked goods or candies if the mixes are used for the base of the product, and not the sole product itself.
11. Selling will not be permitted of any exhibit in any division of the Arts and Crafts Show and Horticulture Show before 3 p.m. on Saturday.
12. “Standard” canning glass jars are encouraged to be used in the Canned Goods Class, however, other jars will be accepted. No rusty containers of any kind will be accepted. Preserves, jellies, pickles, and relish canned foods will be opened by the judges when being judged.
13. Each item entered must be accompanied by a 3” x 5” card and filled out as such:
—Side 1: Include your name and address;
—Side 2: Include the Class being entered and which department you are entering. Specify further, if necessary;
EXAMPLE: Use one (1) 3-inch by 5-inch card for each entry:
Side l: NAME: Jane Doe ADDRESS: P.O. Box 333 Town,Texas,Zip
Side 2: Class A Needlework Dept. 1 - Afghans
A receipt will be issued for each exhibit entered on Thursday and must be presented on Saturday before items may be picked up at 3 p.m.
Please note: items that have been on exhibit will be allowed to be sold by their owners at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
14. Only judges and workers will be allowed to remain in the Exhibit Building during the judging.
Class A - Needlework
Dept. 1 - Afghans
Dept. 2 - Quilts
a. machine stitched
b. hand stitched
Dept. 3 - Bedspreads
Dept. 4 - Rugs (Size - no less than 3’ x 4”)
Dept. 5 - Linens
b. pillow cases (pair)
c. tea towels (pair)
d. place mats (set of 4)
Dept. 6 - Throw Pillows
Dept. 7 - Handstitchery
f. counted cross stitch
g. plastic canvas
Dept. 8 - Stuffed Items
d. interior decorations
Dept. 9 - Personal Wear
b. bonnets and hats
c. capes and shawls
g. baby garments
Dept. 10 - Wearable Arts (fabric manipulation)
a. fabric appliques
e. southwest geometries
Dept. 11 - Decorated Garments
embellished or decorated with (purchased or handmade)
Dept. 12 - Miscellaneous
a. hooked wall hangings
Class B-General Baked Goods
Dept. 15-Quick Breads
Dept. 16-Yeast Breads
Dept. 19-Packaged Mix Comb.
Dept. 20-Decorated Cakes
Dept. 21 - Cupcakes
Dept. 22 - Cobblers
Dept. 23 Miscellaneous
Class C - Canned Goods
Dept. 24 - Relishes - opened
d. corn relish
e. pepper relish
f. pear relish
g. tomato relish
Dept. 25. - Jellies - opened
Dept. 26 - Preserves, Jams & Marmalades - opened
Dept. 27 - Cucumber Pickles - opened
d. bread and butter
Dept. 28 - Non-Cucumber Pickles - opened
Dept. 29 - Canned Vegetables - unopened
Dept. 30 - Canned Liquids - unopened
Dept. 31 - Canned Fruits - unopened
Dept. 32 - Canned Meats - unopened
Dept. 33 - Sauerkraut - unopened
Department 34 - Soup Mixes
Class D-Dried Or Dehydrated Foods
(Example: pears, peaches, etc.)
Dept. 36 - Meat
(Example: jerky, fish, etc.)
Dept. 37 - Vegetables
(Example: pepper, onion, etc.)
Class E - Crafts
Dept. 38 - Ceramics
Dept. 39 - Leather Work
Dept. 40 - Stained and Painted glass
Dept. 41 - Paper Mache
Dept. 42 - Mosaic Work
Dept. 43 - Bead Work
Dept. 44 - Blown Glass
Dept. 45 - Candles
Dept. 46 - Metal Art
Dept. 47- Lamps
Dept. 48 - Woodwork
Dept. 49 - Driftwood
Dept. 50 - Tole Painting
Dept. 51 - Wreath
Dept. 52 - Miscellaneous
Dept. 53 - Recycled items