Quilt and Quilt-Block Show Chairman Virginia Horton
QUILT SHOW CATEGORIES:
1. Hand pieced and hand quilted
2. Appliqued (Hand) -Kits will be accepted.
3. Mixed techniques - machine pieced, hand quilted
4. Machine pieced, machine quilted
5. Crib/Juvenile - pieced, appliqued, or embroidered
6. Special quilt pieces, non-bedcovers, banners, wall hangings
7. Miniature quilts
8. Clothing (quilted) wearable art
10. Group quilts
12. Senior Citizen - Entrant must be 65 or older, any quilting method allowed
13. First quilt - Must be beginner and first quilt made
Quilt Show Rules
1. All entries must be made by the entrant and accompanied by a complete entry form. The quilt show is open to both in and out of county residents.
2. Anyone is eligible to enter, except persons or organizations who design or make quilts commercially.
3. Each entrant may enter only one entry in each category.
4. Group quilts must be made by two or more people.
5. All entries must be checked in between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, at the coliseum building. They will remain on exhibit until 3 p.m. on Saturday. You must pick up your entry between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday.
6. Blue and red ribbons will be awarded.
7. Rosettes will be awarded to the top scoring entry in each category.
8. Best of Show Rosette will be awarded overall winner of all entries.
9. Judges Choice Rosette will be awarded to the quilt judges like best.
QUILT-BLOCK SHOW CATEGORIES:
1. Pieced - hand or machine
2. Applique - hand or machine
3. Theme - New theme each year. Check with the chairman.
Rules for Quilt-Block show categories
1. Must be unquilted and accompanied by a complete entry form. Blocks must be checked in between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, and remain on exhibit until 3 p.m. on Saturday. This category is open to both in and out of county residents.
2. Persons may enter as many blocks as desired. Your blocks will not be returned to you. We will keep them and make a quilt which will be sold to help pay for the Live Oak County Coliseum.
3. Blocks must be exactly 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches when completed, allowing a 1/4 inch seam allowance outside the 12 x 12 inch design. Any block that is not 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches will not be disqualified, but cannot win top prize. Please measure carefully to be sure block is specified size.
4. Material must be 100% cotton. No polyester, wool, silk, velvet, or knit.
5. Blue and red ribbons will be awarded in each category. The three top scoring blocks in each category will receive rosettes. The top three scoring blocks in each category will receive money prizes. First place - $25; Second place - $15; third place - $10.
6. Blocks must be unquilted. Submit only one thickness block.
7. Choose colors and materials carefully.
8. Press the block lightly.