directory
Cause of late Feb. GW restaurant fire ruled accidental
by Ben Tinsley
Apr 15, 2014 | 30 views | 0 0 comments | 38 38 recommendations | email to a friend | print
By Ben Tinsley

The Progress

GEORGE WEST – The late February fire that completely destroyed the Agave Jalisco Restaurant on 403 Nueces Street has been ruled an accident, Police Chief Rey Garcia reported late last week.

The fire accidentally started in a grease trap inside the restaurant, reports show.

The result was an aggressive structure fire that took local firefighters hours to put out—stretching from late Feb. 24 into early Feb. 25. The blaze completely gutted the inside of the restaurant, leaving only debris and charred remains. No one was injured.

Firefighters from George West, Three Rivers and Beeville spent over four hours combating the blaze.

In the initial reports, Chief Garcia said authorities began receiving reports of smoke from the restaurant less than two hours after it closed. The age of the building combined with the multiple layers of tar and the roofing material made it difficult to put out the fire.

Even when the blaze was nearly extinguished, firefighters were still shooting water down onto hot spots.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet