• 10:30 a.m. - Opening ceremonies, prayer, music by Krazy K; raising of the American flag by Refugio VFW Post 6290; the national anthem and Pledge of Allegiance; “This Old Flag” by Roland Jaso; and the playing of Taps.
• 11 a.m. - Kiddie Parade, with child and youth divisions; all kid and adult games begin, including horseshoe pitch and frog jump with an entry fee of $1; Salsa contest begins.
• 1 p.m. - Balloon toss for youth and adults.
• 2 p.m. - Egg toss; bingo begins at Padilla Hall.
• 3 p.m. - 3 legged race, with child, youth, and adult divisions.
• 4 p.m. - Tug-of-war, with youth and adult divisions.
• 5 p.m. - Pickle eating contest - judged on who eats the most in 2-3 minutes.
• 6 p.m. - Jalapeno eating contest for those 17+ years old, with an entry fee of $25.
• 7 p.m. - Women’s rolling pin throw for those 65+ years old.
Divisions will be based off the participants’ ages. The child division will be for those 0-5 years old, the youth division will be 6-13 years old, and the adult division will be those who are 13+.
“Come out and have a fantastic day with us!” said Mayor Ray Jaso.
Fireworks are at 9:15 p.m., weather permitting.