Oil and gas companies are a safe bet. Taxable values are economic indicators because the values equate to revenue for local governments.
Real property is land and improvements to existing structures. Mineral and personal property include machinery, equipment, supplies, fixtures and other materials. Tax is levied based on taxable value.
Here’s a look at the taxable values for Refugio County’s top 10 taxpayers:
1. Hilcorp Energy Company - $5,050,314.09
2. T-C Oil Company LLC 4,081,924.47
3. EOG Resources Inc. 758,877.95
4. Braman Minerals LP 548,056.27
5. Southcross Processing LLC 544,542.21
6. Acock/Anaqua Operating Co LC 498,849.14
7. CDM Resource Management LTD 456,850.69
8. O’Connor & Hewitt LTD 408,680.53
9. AEP Texas Central Company 384,727.34
10. Kinder Morgan Tejas Pipeline 477,394.88
Source: Refugio County Tax Assessor-Collector; and Refugio County Appraisal District